Mikser Organization and the Faculty of Political Science, with the support of the Balkan Fund for Democracy of the German Marshall Fund and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Norway, invite journalism students and young journalists to explore local environmental initiatives in Serbia, mapping efforts to approach European Green Agreement standards through five priority areas :
· Circular economy
· Pollution reduction
· Sustainable agriculture
The competition is open from August 25, 2020, to October 1, 2020.
SUBJECT OF THE COMPETITION
The goal of the competition and research tasks is to recognize the pioneers of the transformation of Serbia into a healthier, fairer, more prosperous society with responsible, sustainable production that preserves, renews, and increases natural capital and protects the health and well-being of all citizens.
The research papers should show the general public as many initiatives of individuals, organizations, local communities, self-governments, collectives, and companies from all over Serbia that in practice implement the mentioned five foundations of the EU Green Deal for the Balkans.
Veljko Lalić, Editor-in-Chief of Nedeljnik magazine
Dragoljub Petrović, Editor-in-Chief of the daily Danas
Veselin Simonović, Editor-in-Chief of the Nova.rs portal
Darko Nadić, professor at the Faculty of Political Sciences
Ivan Lalic, professor at the Faculty of Contemporary Arts
In the first round, the expert jury selects 10-15 semi-finalists whose texts meet the criteria for publication in public. In the second round, the expert jury selects 3-5 best texts that will be published in Danas, Nedeljnik, and Nova.rs. From October 1, the texts of the other semi-finalists will be successively published on the mikser.rs website and on social networks.
All selected authors (semi-finalists and finalists) will be guests of the experimental Mixer Festival which will be organized on October 8 and 9, 2020 in Zornić House near Belgrade, and participate in the workshop for young journalists “Partners for a better environment” together with editors of partner media.
-The jury will accept texts written in the form of interviews, reports, and research articles
– Texts must answer five basic journalistic questions: who, what, when, where, how (why)?
-Journalism work in any genre must be presented by all interested parties in the text (interested/hurt + appointed responsible + independent source/expert),
– The initiatives and positive practices that are being written about must be current at the time of writing
– The authors of the text are responsible for the authenticity of the source (provide contacts of interlocutors, representatives of initiatives: phone numbers, e-mail addresses, websites, and profiles on social networks).
-The initiatives that are being written about should be in line with at least one of the five key topics of the EU Green Deal recommendations.
APPLYING FOR THE COMPETITION
The competition is open to all journalism students and graduated young journalists under the age of 30. Each candidate can participate independently in the preparation of an investigative story and / or be part of a team of up to two journalists. Each candidate can be a co/author of a maximum of two research stories.
Papers should be submitted to the Mikser editorial office by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Text up to five (5) thousand characters (with whites and suggested equipment: subtitle, title, subtitle)
· At least five (five) graphics or photographs illustrating the story (photographs of actors, photographs of environmental intervention in space, infographics, illustrations ()
· Valid contacts with the actors of the stories (phone, email, website, account on social networks – for further connection in the project “Partners for a better environment)
· Contact the author of the research story
* Editorial offices reserve the right to adapt text and equipment (supertitle, title, subtitle, glossy, entries) to their own technical, editorial, and visual standards.
Interested journalists should apply to email@example.com with the following information:
* Short CV
* Description of the initiative, outline proposal of the topic, genre
By applying to the competition, candidates confirm that they are the authors of all submitted works, that Mikser has the right to publish all submitted works on all communication channels and in the mentioned media, as well as that with project partners has the right to use all submitted works to promote the project “Partners for a better environment”. ”. All authors will be signed.
The competition is open from August 25 to October 1, 2020, at midnight.
The results of the competition will be published on Mixer’s website and Mixer’s social networks, while the finalists will be contacted by email.
Contact for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org